For more info, read about us in Medium and TechCrunch.
Senior Android Developer
Antescofo, the home of Metronaut mobile app, is looking for a Lead Android Developer to help build a new ground-breaking innovation at the intersection of AI and Music.
Metronaut is the mobile app that enables amateur musicians to practice their instruments and voice thanks to its unique AI technology. Metronaut is Editor's Choice for two consecutive years on the iOS Apple App Store and enjoys worldwide traction and featuring.
In this position, you’ll have a unique opportunity to profoundly impact the lives of millions of actual or future musicians worldwide and re-imagine the way music should be practiced.
This is a full-time position, located in Antescofo headquarters in Paris with possibility for remote or hybrid work.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead Android app development to bring the app to parity with our Metronaut iOS app.
- Architecting, developing, releasing and maintaining end-to-end features of the app.
- Integrate existing backend services and unique core features (audio, score rendering and interactions, etc.)
- Work within a highly cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, Scientists and Musicians. Help the Product team translate their ideas.
- Contribute to product design and roadmap. Brainstorm new product improvements.
- Estimate and evaluate technical tradeoffs.
- Write clear, clean, maintainable, documented and highly functional code.
- Analyze and optimize UI and infrastructure application code for performance and quality. Identify performance bottlenecks.
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years of app development experience with Android in Kotlin and/or Java.
- Working knowledge of French and English.
- Extensive experience with Android ecosystem and UI design principles.
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels – from data modeling up to user interfaces and everything in between.
- Appetite for clear, maintainable and testable codebases, including unit and integration testing techniques, API design, documentation, continuous integration.
- Experience with multithreading programming and memory management.
- Experience working hand-in-hand with Product and Design teams as a programmer, and helping them develop their ideas and translating them into an App.
- User-centric & Data-driven.
- Passionate and motivated to learn, constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology.
- Experience with Audio programming and low-level Android audio libraries (e.g., OpenGL ES, Oboe, AAudio)
- Familiarity with C++, Android NDK and CMake.
- Appetite for modern Android libraries: Jetpack, Kotlin coroutines and/or Reactive Programming (Rx).
- Familiarity with package management (Gradle, Maven, etc.) and app modularization.
- Knowledge of backend-driven development or server-driven UI principles.
- Strong software architect well-versed in design patterns: separation of concerns, SOLID principles, clean architecture.
- Familiarity with teamwork best practices: peer programming, mentoring, code reviews, team retrospectives.
- Years of practicing a Musical Instrument, Ability to read music scores or guitar tabs.
We get back to you in 24h!Apply now!